Thailand is a country on Southeast Asia’s Indochina peninsula known for tropical beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins and ornate temples displaying figures of Buddha, a revered symbol. In Bangkok, the capital, an ultramodern cityscape rises next to quiet canal and riverside communities. Commercial hubs such as Chinatown consist of labyrinthine alleys crammed with shop houses, markets and diners.
Friendly and fun loving, exotic and tropical, cultured and historic, Thailand radiates a golden hue from its glittering temples and tropical.
Thailand is a wondrous kingdom, featuring Buddhist temples, exotic wildlife, and spectacular islands. Along with a fascinating history and a unique culture that includes delectable Thai food and massage, Thailand features a modern capital city, and friendly people who epitomize Thailand’s “land of smiles” reputation.
Visas (Dull but essential passport)
If you plan to travel to Thailand please arrange for a visa before your trip. Do note that for some nationalities, less time (15 days rather than 30 days) is given if arriving by land rather than air. But be ready for long Queues.
Best time to go (Hit the ground at the right time)
High Season (Nov–Mar)
- A cool and dry season follows the monsoons, meaning the landscape is lush and temperatures are comfortable.
- Western Christmas and New Year’s holidays bring crowds and inflated rates.
Shoulder Season (Apr–Jun, Sep & Oct)
- April–June is generally very hot and dry, with an average Bangkok temperature of 30°C. Sea breezes in coastal areas provide natural air-con.
- September and October are ideal for the north and the gulf coast.
Low Season (Jul–Oct)
- Monsoon season ranges from afternoon showers to major flooding.
- Some islands shut down; boat service is limited during stormy weather.
- Be flexible with travel plans.
- Rain is usually in short, intense bursts.
Money and costs (Budgets, currency rates and on-the-ground costs)
4N/5D (2N Bangkok 2N Pattaya USD 130)
5N/6D (3N Phuket 2N Bangkok USD 198)
5N/6D (3N Krabi 2N Bangkok USD 241)
5N/6D (2N Krabi 2N Phuket 1N Bangkok USD 289) only!!!
Dialing code: +66
Currency: Thai baht
Official language: Thai